There is a fountain filled with blood,
Drawn from Immanuel's veins,
And sinners plunged beneath that flood,
Lose all their guilty stains,
The dying thief rejoice to see,
That fountain in His day,
And there may I, though vile as he,
Washed all my sins away
A song's lyric that has a deep yet meaningful words. 1 month ago, I went back to my beloved country for holiday. It was an absolute refreshment for me as I had conducted a very hectic life in Singapore. Finally i could see my lovely family, home sweet home, and ultimately i could eat those traditional foods which were rare in Singapore. Hahahaha.. It's a YAY..! I really missed my hometown. I've found a so-called "fountain" in Bandung. Hehehe. I always fell in love when i was there. Not with girls of course, but with its special cool weather, my own bedroom and my best friends..^^..
Two weeks had passed without i realizing it. But I believed God has His own plan and time for me. There was time to meet and there was time to go. Unfortunately, Bandung's environments and circumstances were not condusive enough for me to do my "Quiet Time" with Him. I had everything I needed there. Hahaha.. So, taking into consideration of my spiritual well-being, Singapore was better place for me, I guessed, since I could not live without walking near with Him. Living a day here without praying and getting sufficient strength from Him was totally beyond my capacity.
Talking about the "fountain", I was always grateful for His grace and mercy for me. Thinking of it, I was born in a country where the majority of the citizens were Muslims. Grew up in a strong believer of Christian family, I sometimes took it for granted. It was too nice, I was spoiled by my parents. I never thought of the kindness and salvation of my real "Father". When I recalled back there, it was really a "gift" from Him to know about Jesus since I was a little kid. Have you ever imagined that thousands of Indonesian citizens were not as fortunate as you? They grew up without knowing His salvation on the cross. Be grateful!
Until one point of time when i had to come to Singapore, I drastically changed. Started from my understanding about Him to my experience of His love. I could not really describe it into the right words. But I could really feel it. How I started to depend on Him everyday, how i rely my every troubles on His loyal hand, how i served Him more and more with all of my humble hearts. I did not deserve it actually. I was once a sinner, but He forgave me. He had shown me that the only way to go to heaven was through Jesus Christ, His Son. I was flooded with His comfortable love and He washed my sins away. Being a new creation as I was, I knew that someday I will find that eternal source of the "fountain". I will have no more burdens and sadness.
Till that moment comes, I want to share the amazing joy and delights I have received from Him. I intended to fulfill the purpose of my life which is glorifying His mighty name. I do hope this writing will be a blessing for those who read it. God bless you all..^^..
No comments:
Post a Comment