"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."
(Matthew 6 : 33)
Yesterday was my mother tongue oral exam. Well, since it was my own language and I conversed it every single days, revising was unnecessary for me. I didn't mean to be arrogant, it was just I didn't know what to study. Should I read the same passage again and again just to master my tone, expression and fluency? I didn't think so. It would be silly and awkward for me. Speaking in this language was just natural for Indonesian people, wasn't it?
And there I was, waiting in the queue to enter the examination hall. I could feel the atmosphere and the tension were nerve-wrecking. Many students around me were holding a novel book, trying to master their reading skills. Sat in the corner of the canteen alone, they seemed to be so serious and nervous, while I was standing there without any preparations. I still could chat and laugh with my friends down there. I didn't really comprehend why they studied like hell. I meant, that was our own language. In fact, we have been using it since we were a baby. Okay, it was up to them to decide anyway. I had nothing to do with them. Hahahaha.. Leave the nerds alone.. (How cruel I was) ^^
Later on, I really could see the reason behind it. Inside the examination hall, we were asked to sit in a row to wait for our turn. To make it worse, I was the third to go. What on earth was this? Why was my turn so early? Oh crap! What did I need to do when I faced the examiners? Did I need to say 'Hello!' or what? I didn't practice for the oral exam seriously. I should follow the nerds, I guessed, regretting my false step. T.T Somebody helped me please..! Anxiety started to appear on my pale face, making my heart thudding and racing faster. Unfortunately, when I was so nervous, my ears would turn red like steam crab. 'This was the end for me,' I thought to myself.
On the verge of my despair, I could barely hear a soft voice inside my mind.
"Don't forget to pray before starting your oral exam! Ask Him for a wisdom and be relax," the voice whispered gently on my red ear. Was it really a voice of Holy Spirit? Or was it merely my urgent instinct to find a way out? I wasn't very sure too. But I wanted to express my gratitude for "someone" who always told me to pray without ceasing. ^^
And so I prayed before my turn. Amazingly, a miraculous thing happened. I felt more relaxed and relieved as I realized that everything occurred in my life was meant for the glory of my Father. I did this exam not for the sake of my own pleasure, even though if I achieved a good result. I gained an awareness that this exam was the part of His plan for me. So, I needed to do my best for the sake of His name only. God allowed this exam happened in my life, so I could learn from my mistakes. Never ever underestimate a small problem, or else it would be a backfire for you. I remembered someone ever said this to me. "If you are nervous when you want to do something, it means you do it for your own fame or reputation. But, when you submit those things to God and do not care about your reputation, you will stop feeling nervous."
After acknowledging this issue, I was not afraid anymore. I knew that He would never let His children to walk alone all by themselves. He would always extend a helping hand to ease up our burdens. I had a faith and submitted everything to Him. And you know what? I could do it extremely well. (Praise The Lord..! ^^) I hadn't gotten the result yet. But I believed that He would give us His strength to deal with our problems as long as we clung our life to Him. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. God bless! :)
Knapa sich anak2 zaman skg nulis blog pjg pisan..~ ~..haha... ato cumen Samuel Juan & Airin Koe?
ReplyDeleteMumpung masih muda n punya banyak waktu jul.. hahahaha..
ReplyDelete