Friday, April 30, 2010

The Growing Fruit

"Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."
(Matthew 7 : 20-21)

Father, I am so sorry. I know that i've done many things wrong. I may be a hypocrite who always put up a strong barrier in front, but being vulnerable inside. I criticize others when my individual relationship with you is not very intimate. I do not want people to know that I am a weakling. Forgive me Lord.

I always bring shame to Your name by my false actions or behaviors. Though I know that I am not supposed to, I follow my pride and being a liar. I become angry easily when it comes to disturbance of my dignity. I simply choose to be the same as this world and people will think that all christians are the same.

Father, i want a difference in my life. I need a guidance and new strength from You each and every days to shape up my life into Your way. Although it is painful in the beginning, i believe in You. I will trust all my life to You and I want this to be a long-lasting commitment. Cover me with Your Holy Spirit so i can walk as Jesus did. Thank you for Your unending love for a sinner like me, Lord. Amen.

Last Tuesday i watched and listened to the preacher of Paul Washer in internet. Its title was about the "shocking youth message". He said that a genuinely born-again Christians are those who do the will of Father in heaven as the evidence of their faith. If we believe that we are believers, yet we do not want to do His will and obey His laws, we will be in a serious danger. It shows our lack of faith. We do what God hates us to do and ignore what God loves us to do.

Nowadays, many people believe that they are already saved, yet they have a false faith which cannot save them from eternal hell. How do we know that our faith is not false? We will recognize them by their fruit. This message put me in a shock as i realize that i have done so many bad things. I am not talking about "work" to get heaven, but i am talking about visible evidence of our faith. If we claim ourselves as believers, but we still do what worlds do, we have lack of faith in Him.

Examine my heart, Lord. Do i really love you with all of my hearts? I want to glorify Your name, but i do not know how. Teach me and show me how to fully love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment