Sigh.. It’d been a long time since the last time I updated my blog.
Hmm.. So, I had already finished my secondary school in Singapore. Next year I’m gonna start a new adventure in the brand-new environment and school. What a busy youth life I had! But it was a great experience in my age of 17 though. And guess what? I’m waiting for more unexplorable journeys in the years ahead. Hehehe.
Anyway.. the story of my life jumped to the Christmas celebration in my church on 12 December 2010.
Well, I purposely came back to Singapore to play my role as a “half king”. Yeah, it sounds weird, I know. I had imagined the difficult scenario I had to play there, but everything turned out to be “An Unexpected Expectation”, just like the title of the drama I played. Curious? Okay! Here it goes....
‘Can I really sing it correctly? Am I able to memorize all the scenes and the dialogues? What if I play my role badly and disappoint those who have practiced so seriously?’ I always wondered in my mind.
Truthfully, I was so nervous and afraid about the role I had to play because It required me to sing a solo part and act as pathetic as possible. I wanted to make the writer of the drama, my friends and the audiences proud of me. To be frank, I could not shake that from my mind. Yes! My hunger for their laughter and applauses was so tremendous. To put it simply, I was looking for self-centered satisfactory. I thought nothing about the purpose of this drama, which was spread the love message about Christmas to others, but myself.
‘Yeah! That’s it! You have done it as good as possible and you look funny on the stage, Samuel!’ I thought to myself, hoping some praises from everyone. Before I realized it, I had been consumed by my selfishness. I was too conceited.
That night I wondered why I didn’t feel the joy and exhilaration from my supposed-to-be-perfect acting. That was the time when I recalled something important.
“You must not think about yourself when you serve God! All your hearts, your soul, your mind have to be directed to Him, not your own satisfactory. If you fail to do that, you’re stealing God’s glory!”
This struck my mind as this was what exactly happened to me. I forgot that He was the one that gave me the opportunity to serve Him. When I thought about it, I felt embarrassed to myself, my friends and of course, my Lord. Last year, although I didn’t perform quite perfectly, I perceived a terrific joy and happiness simply because I did that only for God. I did not care about my own fame and I did not seek for others' impressions. How contradictory they were!
The day of the actual event....
I sang for Him, I acted for Him and my only purpose in this drama was to tell others that Jesus Christ was born to redeem your sins and mine. He came to this world because He cared for you and me. Because of His love, He did not overlook your sorrow but show you the light of the right path. He will make things wonderful in His time. Well, that was what I supposed to convince the others with my role as Abu. Admittedly, I spread that message clearly.
Everything went smoothly because of God’s grace. I believed that everyone was still afraid and frightened. What I knew for sure was that we were not terrified because of unable to act perfectly, but we were afraid to steal the glory that only belonged to Him! Shall all the greatness and glory be returned unto Him, the centerpiece of my life. Jesus loves you! ^^
![]() |
| Where is my naughty Amelie??? |


No comments:
Post a Comment